Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Things go Right When we Let Them.



It took me awhile to believe that we are in control of our own happenings. The past few weeks have been deeply sad and frustrating for me, I lost my job, my sister moved out of our parents (my little girl!), my grandfather went into 6-week inpatient care, my cat was put down, and then last night our family dog was put down. It's so easy at this point to shut down and just "woe-is-me" until the next tragic thing happens.

I'm not saying that it's my fault that these things happened, but I may have some responsibility for all that has occurred. Subconsciously I was waiting for things to go wrong, my attitude sucked, and I seemed almost sickly satisfied when things didn't go right just so I could justify them with "see, bad things just keep happening to me." I think we're all guilty of this in some manner. Our attitudes are why bad days always seem to get worse, good days always seem to end wonderfully, and occurrences seem to always come in threes. Because we subconsciously want them to.

We like to say that everything happens for a reason, but maybe that reason is simply our individual attitudes.

I's not enough to just hope for good things, you have to act positively and feel positive. At this point in my year I'm going to continue to wish for good things but keep in mind my subconscious. I'll keep positive reminders around and be so optimistic I nauseate myself. Why? Because eventually I'll believe these wonderful reminders and I know that only good things can come from that.

Try it. The next time you have a bad day, don't throw your hands up and say go figure, laugh at yourself and keep a smile, I promise you that day will get better.

Happy happenings! (big cheesy smile, and air punch)

No comments:

Post a Comment